Old July 17th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
***** charles

Default New quads and the sockets in which they will work?

Hi all,

I would like to get a single socket motherboard now
that will take the quads that come out shortly. Is
this even possible? What I am hoping for is a 1000
like opteron quad that will run at or near 3.0 GHz
and throttle down to low power sleep mode when
not doing anything. Is there anything like this in the
works? The target function is media support and
real cheap on electricity when left on 24/7.

thanks,
charles....