Old June 21st 07, 01:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Ed Medlin

Default New Theory: GTX 7900 with 512 MB killed the motherboard ;) (Overheat !)

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

I noticed in the nvidia control panel the temperatures of the these two
graphics cards (sli) are 50 degrees celcius in idle mode !

That's pretty high !

Not high at all. Most later models run much higher than any processors will
run. My SLIed 8800 GTX cards default alarm is a lot higher than 50c. That is
about normal at idle. 70+C is not unusual with most newer cards under
stress. With just average airflow those temps would not hurt your MB at all.
You worry far too much. Your MB died.......that is it. They do just die you
know. Get over it.

Ed