Old November 14th 06, 05:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
DawgFan1785

Default Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

NapalmHeartwrote:
DIMMs are OK. Not sure about the slot. The HP website had something
on it
about resetting the CMOS by moving a jumper wire. The instructions

and
illustrations didn't inspire confidence. It would be nice to be

able to use
the $80 DIMM!

Ken

"HH" wrote in message
Result? Bad DIMM or bad slot? If the former, Kingston should replace

the
DIMM. If the latter, you will be limited to 512MB on that board.

HH

"NapalmHeart" wrote in message
Already tried, no difference.

Thanks for the reply.

Ken

"HH" wrote in message
Try unseating and reseating the DIMMs, Also, try them one at a time

try and find out which one is not being recognized. If one will not

work
in either slot it is bad and should be replaced.

HH

"NapalmHeart" wrote in message
My computer is only recognizing 1 of 2 512MB Kingston. I have

updated
the BIOS as suggested by HP, but no difference. Any ideas how I

can
get the other half to work?

Thanks,

Ken

[/quote:e4150ab931]

Jumper should be easy to find. Looks like the Jumber on harddrives if
your familliar