Old February 13th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default AMD x2 3800 Windows Pro, system freezing

"WooHoo2You" wrote in message
ink.net...
I am having problems with my system freezing. Sometimes it will freeze
three or four reboots in a row. Other times it is stable for hours. I

have
yet to have any problems with any games (Battlefield 2 and GTA: SA

mainly).
Quickly after the system seems completely loaded, it will just stop
responding. I updated my CPU drivers, video, and sound. Installed all
windows updates and nothing. Mobo drivers are up-to-date.

Windows XP SP2 Pro
Asus A8N-SLI Prem
AMD X2 3800
NVIDIA 6800 GS 256 MB
SB Audigy 2 Value
1 Gig Ram (2x512 dual channel)

This is a new PC with very little installed on it.

__
WooHoo2You

Have you noticed if there is the same pattern every tme.Like the CD drives
being accessed or HD? It could be drawing too much power at a certain time.
Mine would do that when running a game and the CDRW was accessed.It turned
out the CDRW drive was on the same power connector as the video card. Yours
does it at boot up when drives are spinning up.Could be that.