Old September 18th 05, 10:58 PM
Matt

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:11:54 +0200, Glitch
wrote:

tod wrote:
I'm looking to replace my ATI 9600 Pro (AGP) with something a little newer.
I was going to go ATI X700 Pro, but I would like to know
if there would be any advantages to getting a NVIDIA 6600GT?
I play mostly RTS and a few RPG games, no first person shooters.

The biggest advantage is that the 6600GT is a little faster
No,seriously,in this price range 6600GT is the king of the hill unless
you want to buy a 6800LE and then unlock it pipelines.
I would reccomend waiting a little more for the prices to drop and then
buy yourself a 6800 vanilla.

The 6800 is a better choice, plus it has a 256 MB option.

Waiting until prices finally come down (I'm kinda expecting bit of a
pricing war either before or after xmas).