Old September 2nd 04, 12:49 PM
Carlo Razzeto

"JS" wrote in message
. 1...
I'm looking into upgrading my CPU, motherboard and memory sometime in
September. My target use is first person shooter games like Call of
Duty, Medal of Honor, Doom3, Half Life2 (if it ever ships), Far Cry,
Unreal Tournament 2004 and the like. I play on-line if the game supports
on-line play (3mbps up/256kbps down cable modem). I am an AMD noob so I
am hoping someone can provide some AMD expertise. My target costs a

CPU: $200
Motherboard: $200
Memory (1 GigaByte): $350

snip

I'm using an Athlon64 3000+ on a Chaintech ZNF3-250 motherboard. So far I'm
fairly happy with my purchase, plays Doom3 very well.

Carlo