Old September 27th 04, 07:43 PM
CapFusion

"Neil" wrote in message
I just fitted a new 5700 card (Xpert Vision Geforce FX5700 128mb TV DVI),
and after restarting all I get on my screen are a mass of vertical colour
lines of various patterns. That happens right from the start of the
reboot, i.e. I see no BIOS startup or anything, and have no opportunity to
check/change BIOS or any other settings. I can hear that XP starts up OK,
but just can't see it.

I assume this is not driver or anything else software related, but a
faulty card?

I've taken it out and put it back several times to ensure it was correctly
in the AGP slot, and checked the monitor connection of course. If I
reinstate my old Gefore GTS2 card, all is fine, repeatedly.

Is there anything I can do except return this to my vendor to swap
(Novatech in the UK) on Monday?

Neil

Return for exchange or RMA

CapFusion,...