Old August 21st 04, 08:28 AM
Phil

Default nVidia & 3Dfx. - Are they compatible ?

Hi,

All this talk about 3Dfx make me remember my Voodoo 5500 AGP video
card just recently gone to silicon heaven after many years of good
service. Any way, I got a used Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 to replace
it.

The GForce4 works great with most of my "newer" games that the V5500
was unable to run (lack of T&L hardware and power). But I do dearly
missed the V5500 because I am unable to play some of my favourite
older flight sim that utilized Glide.

Fortunately, I have a spare never used V5500 PCI version and I wonder
is it possible to have the V5500 PCI along with the Ti4200 AGP? Is it
pain-less to install and setup driver for both video card on the same
system? My PC is dual boot of Win98SE purely for games and Win2K for
non-gaming stuffs. My monitor has both BNC & D-Sub connector and can
easily switch via a button.

Please advise. Thanks.