Old February 19th 04, 09:10 PM
Tal Fucus

"Surfrat" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I thought that seeing as though this news group supplied me with so
many ideas to fix my problem I would feed back what worked for me.

My PC is a Celeron 1.3Ghz with a GF2 running XP Pro. I was having a
very annoying problem with Need For Speed Underground(NFS U) whereby
the screen would freeze for about a second in certain parts of a
track. It would always freeze in the same place and was driving me
crazy. I scoured the news groups and sites like Guru 3D for a
solution. I was running the latest driver 53.03 (actually the latest
of everything) and tried all the solutions and this is what worked for
me.

I found that if I used the nVidia 30.82 driver the stuttering would go
away. The only problem I had with this driver was that it didn't
support custom resolutions (1200x900 @ 75Hz is great on my Philips 17"
monitor).

I overcame this problem by installing RivaTuner and using it to create
the custom resolution for me. At the same time I was able to enable 4x
AGP (it was set to 2x by the driver due to an apparent problem with
some Via chips) and overclock the card to 240/368Mhz from the default
200/333Mhz.

Make sure to have good fan or you might toast your vid chip

So after about a month of frustration it is running like a dream. It
looks like nVidia screwed up the GF2 driver in later versions (for me
anyway).

Cheers

Nice to hear :-)

Tal