Old February 19th 04, 03:44 PM
PRIVATE1964

Once again, the silver
isn't for the newbs. If you are scared, use the Alumina.

I'm far from being a newb, and I still found the Artic Silver Adhesive very
hard to work with. I do think what your saying about the total cure time is
right, but thats not what I meant.
If you use both to attach heatsinks. You won't have to hold the heatsink with
the Artic Alumina as long. It seems to set quicker and the heatsink doesn't
slide as easy as with the Artic Silver Adhesive. When I have used the Artic
Silver adhesive with a clamp. The clamp would have to apply pressure directly
on center or the heatsink would slide all over the place, which I found to be
just about impossible. Using Alumina Adhesive with the same clamp the heatsink
would not slide as much and you would not need the clamp on as long as with
Arctic Silver adhesive.