Old February 19th 04, 02:00 PM
neopolaris

PRIVATE1964 wrote:
Artic Silver Silver Adhesive providing it'll fit. I use that to
mount a SS7 HSF to a GF2 GTS

I wouldn't use that. Its too messy and too much risk. I know its
better thermally then everything else, but I found its hard to work
with. I find when you try to attach heatsinks they slide all over the
place and the stuff goes everywhere which is not good because its
slightly conductive.
I would use Artic Alumina Adhesive instead. It is super strong and it
seems to dry quicker and grab onto the heatsink without it sliding
all over the place as you apply pressure. Its not as good thermally
as Arctic Silver adhesive, but its close.

Good point. It's not for newbs but the thermal properties are far superior
than the Alumina. I had my HSF clamped on for 30minutes and was using it
the next morning so the cure time is about the same. Once again, the silver
isn't for the newbs. If you are scared, use the Alumina.