Old December 21st 03, 07:59 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:13:37 GMT, "Mr. Grinch"
wrote:

While not perfect, my MSI Ti4200 8x was one of the best purchases I've made
for the money, even considering how fast prices dropped. It gave me a

Mine works great... More money in selling $100 junky cards so THEY
have to upgrade again, than a KICK ASS $100 TI4200.

It reminds me of the rise and fall of the BX motherboards. Those things
had the longest lifespan of any MB before or since... my own Tyan Tiger 100

Yep... BXs were great boards... they stayed on the market so long that
they got tweaked big time. This is an Intel Screw up - when they
tried to bang us in the ass with RD-RAM. The 820 chipset came out
about 6 months late - and then it was crapped by the MTU, high prices
and no performance increase... actually slower!!

Yep! The RD-RAM 820 was SLOWER than the PC-133 815 chipset board that
came out a year later - that was the board that killed the BX
finally... and gave VIA their IN to the market... as they had a
chipset that supported AGP 4x / High Speed CPUs / ATA-66/100 etc.

The 815 was a good series as well...

could support everything from Celeron 300A to dual P3-800s. How many
motherboards do you know that can support a system about 3x faster than the

VIA KT boards for AMD CPUs. Yep, you can even buy a $80 Nforce2
board that will take a 600Mhz AMD all the way up the the XP-3200.

(Try that with a P4 board heheh)

Or a board that came out when the 1600 was mainstream, can at least
use a CPU to the model 2600.

Intel now comes out with a NEW chipset every 4 months.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!