Old September 13th 03, 10:54 PM
Jan Vaughn

No.. neither of those cards will support many of the latest games..

However, since you said it was a spare pc you put together, and you
dont want to buy another vid-card, I would
have to reccomend installing the Nvidia TNT2. No, its not great, but
Nvidia, has always worked best for me and will support games like
Quake3 and other. Do Not try to use a TNT2 will and "recent" games
such as UT:2003... it will not be pretty.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:37:41 +0000, Biz wrote:

GO spend $50 on a GF4MX series card for that machine. Neither of those
cards will play most of the newer games.
"Ben Nealon" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a computer that is of the following spec: Duron 700Mhz and

256mb
Pc133 Ram. The computer sadly only has a 2x AGP port. Now i have two
graphics cards:

Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 AGP
3DFX Voodoo4 4500 AGP

I want the machine to be used for game playing (this computer is a spare
computer i have put together) Which of the above graphcis cards do you

think
i shoudl use in the machine. I obviously want the best compatability with
good/latest games - and obviously the maximum performance i can push from
the system. If you have any of these cards could you please also advise on
any 'Top Performing' Drivers.
I am using Windows XP Professional on the system,

Thanking you in advance,

Ben Nealon

P.S - Do most recent-ish games not supprt the 3DFX Chipset anymore?