Old July 30th 03, 04:42 PM
B.J.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:18:06 +0100, "Mark Weatherill"
wrote:

I'm on the verge of upgrading my current GeForce 3 Ti 200 to something else,
but at a budget :-(, probably no more than £100

I'm looking towards either a Leadtek WinFast A280 LE TDH MyVIVO which works
out as:

GeForce 4 Ti 4200
128MB DDR
8X AGP
S-Video In

Or a Nvidia FX 5200 series.

Apart from GPU grunt (bear in mind I've got a GeForce 3 at the moment) I
would really like a video-in since I want to capture video.

Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?

Definitely go with the ti4200. It's a little more expensive but a
much better value IMO. If you were going to get an FX card I'd
recommend at least a 5600, and probably then the ultra version.

B.J.