Old July 14th 03, 01:44 AM
Keith Clark

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:47:42 -0600, Beowulf wrote:

Some retailers call this model line the V9280S-TVD, V9280-TVD, V9280/TVD
or the V9280TVD. Same specs as the Video Suite on the Asus site as far
as I could tell. .
gameve.com $202 (backorder) amoung others.

Actually that's not the same card. According to the review at HardOCP
(http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzkyLDI=), the V9820S/TVD shows a
different fan/heatsink as well as one standard VGA connector and one DVI,
where the manual for the V9820VS shows two DVI connectors. I do appreciate
the info though.

Keith

Keith Clark wrote:

Looking at the Asus web site this seems like sweet card. I like the
massive heatsink and the variable speed fan, at least in theory. The
video in feature seems interesting too although I do have an analog to
DV convertor already.

And I like the fact that it has dual DVI connectors, according to the
manual. I probably like that more than the video-in feature.

But I can't find anyone selling it. Is it a lot more expensive than the
regular "TD" version of this card, and has anyone tried recording video
with it?

Or hooking two LCD monitors to it?

Or know where to buy one? I can find the "S" version but not the "VS"
version.

Thanks,
Keith