Old May 16th 04, 03:18 PM
Nick Jensen

I checked and at number one in the Hard Disk boot order was "Add-on cards"
or something along those lines.

I changed that to be second and my actual boot drive to be first, and this
seems to have fixed it. Weird though as the SATA/RAID controllers are
integrated in the M/B.

Thanks heaps Unknown!

Nick

"Unknown" wrote in message

"Nick Jensen" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just bought a new SATA HDD today. It's a Maxtor 250gb 7200RPM with

8mb
cache.

I plugged it in and the system booted fine, Windows told me it had

detected
a new RAID device and wanted me to install the drivers.

Before installing the drivers, I went into computer management to see if

could access the drive yet and format it. It didn't detect any

additional
drives.

I installed the Intel RAID drivers from my motherboard's site (I have a
Gigabyte 8I875P, Intel 875P chipset), then went back into computer
management and the drive was detected. I formatted it and I could

access
it.

When I restarted my computer however, the problems began. The system

would
not boot with the SATA drive plugged in. The only way I can get into
Windows is by unplugging the drive. I

Do you possibly have BIOS set to boot from other devices?