Old August 15th 10, 04:12 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rms[_4_]

Default GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card,
take a gander at the MSI N465GTX Twin Frozr II Golden Edition.

I'm not saying this is the deal to end all deals. From what rumors I've
read, this first generation of Fermi cards wasn't all that well received,
and nvidia is clearing inventory for the next revision. In my mind, ATI
cards like the 5850 & 5870 are still selling for their original MSRP and are
way overpriced, and the gtx460 tops current price/perf charts. But I was
itching to upgrade, saw that this particular gtx465 was unlockable & had a
good cooler, and bought. It does use more power and generate more heat than
my 4870, but otherwise I have no complaints.

If you have more patience than I did, refreshes of the nvidia & ATI cards
should be announced in coming months, and ATI cards are way overdue for a
large pricecut by the holiday season.

rms