Old August 11th 10, 06:52 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rms[_4_]

Default GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card, take a gander
at the MSI N465GTX Twin Frozr II Golden Edition. This card is marketed as a
gtx465, but the hardware itself is a 470, and just needs a simple bios
flash. NCIX is even doing the flash themselves and selling it as a 470;
rather brazen of them if you ask me, but anyway newegg had them for $270
shipped last week, and I couldn't resist. At this price it gives a very
good perf/price. Overclock.net has easy flashing guides.

I'm very pleased with it. The heatsink is all-copper, fan noise is very
reasonable and low-pitched, and it overclocks to close to a stock gtx480
speeds. Compared to my radeon 4870, where StalkerCoP needed DX9 settings to
run at 1920x1200 smoothly, I now run maxed-out DX11 settings instead. No
complaints yet!

rms