Old January 9th 08, 11:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Gerard Bok

Default Silicom DoubleSerial PC Card

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 23:40:58 +0100, ******************
wrote:

I bought Silicom S2S DoubleSerial PCMCIA Card. And I have got a
problem. I installed DOS 6.22 and DOS drivers, but card was not working -
even, if IRQ and other parameters are manually specified.

Please look at this initialization communicat (it seems to be correct):

http://www.wlan.webd.pl/xxx/1.jpg

Then, when I would like to test it there is an error:

http://www.wlan.webd.pl/xxx/2.jpg

Does the manual tell you that you can test the serial port
without anything attached ? Did you attach something ?

Mostly, serial ports are tested with either a device or a loop
back plug attached.

I Would suggest to connect a loopback plug or, lacking one, some
serial device like a modem or a serial Mouse.
http://www.hardwarebook.info/ will tell you how to built a
loopback plug.

--
Kind regards,