Old January 21st 04, 12:43 AM
philo

"Dr. J. Smith" wrote in message
news:kEiPb.195608$X%5.166217@pd7tw2no...
Memory refresher: I cooked the AMD 1.40GHz cpu on wife's K7S5A MB
Current status: Back's sore from sleeping on the couch

I went to the place where she bought the system (a different city of

course)
to get the fastest cpu I could get for the 266-fsb. He asks which version

of
K7S5A is it? There is nothing on the board, the bill or the box to

indicate
it is anything other than a K7S5A so I say, you installed it you tell me

(it
replaced a failed K7AMA so it's still under warranty). He can't be sure

but
he looks on the web and tells me the fastest chip I can put in it is an XP
1800+ which he doesn't have. I come home and look up the MB and find

this...
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/k7s5a.html which seems to indicate it'll
take a 2600+ cpu. Is anyone familiar enough with this MB to clue me in as

what's what?

Return the board for a refund or exchange
there some bugs ! however the PRO version of that board is OK.

I know the K7S5A PRO can take up to an XP2600+
I have such a board and it works fine

if you have the PRO version of the board, then you should be OK