Old September 11th 03, 03:32 AM
Bob Byrne

Default GF3 running hot

Hi,
I have a 2nd hand ASUS GF3 V8200 Ti500 Deluxe and it seemed
to be running a bit hot and the fan was running at about 4000rpm.
I've just fitted a Vantec Iceberq 4 (CCB-A4C) fan which runs at 6000rpm.
My CPU and M/bd run cool, here are my gfx card temps:

Room = 25C GPU = 61C Mem = 39C
Room = 30C GPU = 67C Mem = 45C

My PC case is off and I have a 75mm fan blowing directly onto the card.

I'm not overclocking but my mid-tower case is fairly packed with a total of
8 drives and only one PCI slot free. (XP Pro)

And why on Earth do they make these cards upside down?
Heat rises and everything is mounted on the bottom.

--
Bob