Old October 4th 19, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rene Lamontagne

Default Intel halves the price of 18-core i9!

On 2019-10-04 10:52 a.m., Paul wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 2:08:46 AM UTC+8, Paul wrote:
The most expensive processors in the list, the price on those
is negotiable. And the day Spectre/Meltdown came out, you can
be sure the spot price dropped like a rock. Nobody ever pays
$13000 for the $13000 processor (only a "consumer" does that).

https://s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/file...Price_List.pdf

Some weird offerings on that price list: like a $213 hexcore on LGA3647,
which is intended for the many-core monster Xeons. So the mainboard
would
cost 4x as much as the CPU?

They might as well just give those away :-)

What's funny about those gimped processors, is I've never
read a story about anyone using one. They exist in a price
list and that's about it.

You would think, if you had $40000 worth of memory,
an $800 motherboard, you could do a little better than
plug a $213 processor into it.

Â*Â* Paul

I didn't count em but, Do we really need that many CPUs?
Now I don't feel too bad about buying *one* Lonely AMD!

Rene