View Single Post
Old October 1st 19, 04:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default World of Warships reset audio settings when switching audio chip.

In game World of Warships 0.8.8:

There is currently a sound issue/bug, not sure if it's intended behaviour or if it's a bug, issue is as follows:

My PC has two audio options: Creative Labs soundblaster and Realtek audio chip.
The soundblaster is connected to receiver/speakers analog. The realtek is connected via fiber optics/digital to receiver/speakers as well.

Sometimes I switch between these two sound chips when I want to hear clean music on realtek digital chip, and play the game at same time. This is only 2 channel stereo sound channel.

The creative labs has 7.1 surround sound channels.

So after some time listening to music I change back to creative labs audio chip for better 7.1 sound for game.

Strangely enough the game itself resets the audio options to:

1. Low quality
and
2. Ear plugs

I think this happens when changing audio playback option in mixer in windows... so when I switch audio chips.

This behaviour is kinda surprising and somewhat annoying cause it makes the game sound horrible without me even noticing or knowing why... well now I know unless I forget.

So solution would be as follows:

1. WoWS needs to store audio-configuration options per audio-solution/chip.

2. When I switch back to creative labs it loads the audio options for that sound chip.

Or alternatively it simply does not reset it's current settings... I don't know why it does it but it's strange.

Maybe wows detects that realtek is only 2 channel audio chip and switches to earplugs/low quality.

However when I switch back to analog/creative labs 7.1 it doesn't detect that it's 7.1 capable and thus it's not using correct/best audio settings.

I can understand chosing low settings for quality.

But at least it should pick stereo/surround options for the other setting/detect best available speaker setup correctly.

Bye,
Skybuck.