Old September 9th 19, 09:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Phil Reynolds

Default Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 15:08:16 -0400
Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 22:10:43 +0100, Phil Reynolds wrote:

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 01:26:44 +0000 (UTC)
lid (Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. If it was the printer
software resetting randomly then the printing functions would most
likely also be affected (though I wouldn't rule anything out
entirely). Maybe a loose/corroded power connection to the LCD
display, or else a failing internal power supply powering it. It
could also be the circuitry in the display itself, in which case
your only hope is another printer of the same model to raid for
parts. There may be a service manual online, though I don't know
where to look for Lexmark ones.

Indeed, I've not turned up a service manual yet. I'd be a lot
happier to investigate further if I could find one.

Indeed indeed. All I found was a "overview brochure" on Lexmark. I
wonder if they never cared (or anyone else) to produce a PDF covering
all there is about this printer.

I have located a service manual online but there is no guidance on this
fault description. I will ask Lexmark whether any of the described
Operator Panel faults should be treated as occurring.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail:

PLEASE followup news posts in news