Old June 4th 09, 07:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default Grey scale desktop on my TV (secondary display), but fine on my LCD(primary display)!

Weird. Today, I see my TV output in clone and extended desktop modes,
the TV one (secondary display) is in black and white/grey scale while my
primary monitor (1280x1024 resolution) is in normal colors.

I tried cmd.exe's edit.com and going full screen and I saw colors in
text mode. Then, I tried playing videos fullscreen to TV and it was in
colors too.

Why is my desktop on TV have no colors? I am using S-Video from my MSI
Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB) to my old VCR to my 20" CRT TV. It used
to work and I didn't change anything recently that I could remember.

I did notice ACEEventLog when enabling my secondary display (TV):

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ACEEventLogSource
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 6/3/2009
Time: 10:40:16 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MYBOX
0000000018: 2009-06-03 22:40:16:687 Unable to obtain Color Correction
information, dem status: -2
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceProperty.Graphics.Runtime .DevicePropertyColourCorrectionController::Parse
processID:02388 threadID ) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameCLI.Aspect.DeviceProperty.Graphics.R untime,
Version=2.0.3405.36870, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
[snipped MS help info.]

I tried fiddling with Catalyst v9.5 Control Center (CCC)'s options
especially colors, but nothing helped. Same for hitting defaults on
them. I even tried rebooting my PC to see if something broke. Nope.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Ever watch ants just crawling around? They walk in that single straight
line, a long, a long, long mile of ants. Sometimes they will walk over
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or