Old June 26th 03, 12:53 AM
Jack Bruss

Default Advice for new system

My son and I are finally going to replace his old Gateway PII 267, and we
are looking for some advice on what parts to buy to build it ourselves. I
think he needs it mainly for schoolwork, and he, of course, thinks it's
mainly for games. I'm thinking an AMD processor in the 2 to 2.6 gig or so
would be good enough and relatively inexpensive. We'll also need a hard
drive, MB, memory, CD-RW, and maybe a case (How can we decide if the old
case will work?)

Anyway, we'd appreciate any advice or feedback anyone can provide for us.

Thanks,

Jack