Old December 18th 03, 04:17 AM
Mike Gale

"Luke Piasecki" wrote:

I've been trying to finally buy a geForce FX 5900 card, but most of the
widely available ones in my area are PNY and the eVGA 5900SE. I remember
readign somewhere posts that adviced to stay away from PNY brand or FE 5900
SE, why? Isn't the 5900 better than the 5900?

Here's the rundown:

PNY : Misleading advertising, dubious business practices, essentially
no warranty.
Gainward : Misleading labeling
nVidia : Cheating, lying, poor hardware
ATI : Cheating, crappy drivers

And I'm not even going to go into crippling, price fixing.. etc

It's a mess and the only reason all these companies can get away with
such disgusting behaviour is the relatively young customer base with
more money and greed than brains.