Old April 29th 04, 09:57 AM
Dark Avenger

"pcfreak" wrote in message news:2TUjc.299112$Ig.91038@pd7tw2no...
Hello, I have a ATI 9800 pro 128 mg card here. The problem is when I play
games with it, the games look terrible. The game looks like it is set at
256 color. I set the game to 1024 X 768 at 32 bit color. At first I check
the refresh rate and it was set at 60 mhz. I changed that, but the game
still looks crappy. I installed the game on my other pc with a AIW 8500.
The game looked alot better. I am running winxp pro, with the latest ATI
catalyst drivers. Any ideas ? Is the card screwed ? Thanks

Sounds more like a software problem, did you had another card first?
Like a card from nvidia, in such case "trash" is left behind in your
windows installation ....