Old November 24th 03, 08:56 PM
Rene Lamontagne

"TMack" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem and I'm hoping someone here can help me...

first my
stats:

SNIP!

If I read your post correctly you have replaced both monitor and graphics
card so there are only two possibilities left. Either you have a hardware
problem elsewhere - in which case the motherboard or psu may be the

culprit.
Alternatively it might be a software problem. My first guess would be the
PSU or motherboard power regulation - as soon as the card makes more than
basic demands on power, the power available is insufficient to meet the
demand which could explain the reduced display size and distortions. Use

motherboard monitoring utility such as motherboard monitor (MBM),

Hmonitor,
Mbprobe, Speedfan or similar to check the power available and whether or

not
it is suficient or if it is fluctuating. If there seems to be a problem,
try replacing the psu first. If there are no apparent power problems, the
motherboard or psu might still be the problem but it might be worth
reinstalling XP first to see if that does the trick before replacing other
components.

Tony

Hi Michelle, Thanks, I will try PSP forums as you suggested,
Back to your problem, I concur with Tony's post as to the Hardware probably
being the culprit, but as he said it may not hurt to do a clean XP install,
Unfortunatly Dell use a proprietory Power supply and you cannot just use a
standard off the shelf ATX PSU to replace it, likewise for the motherboard.
I just did a Google newsgroup search for " monitor shakeing" and got
literaly hundreds of hits with the same type of problems, You may want to
peruse them, it may give you some things to check and try. Keep us posted,
we will try to help as much as possible
--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne