Old November 24th 03, 08:19 PM
Michelle

Hi Rene,

Yes, I recognized your name right away :-). Nice to see you're still around. I
don't go there much lately myself for the same reason but PSP opened a forum on
their site and it's not only a web forum, it can be accessed with a newsreader
using NNTP and messages are posted simultaneously to both groups :-) Think
about coming over there, it's a lot better, although I have to say, the one
major PITA has shown up there in the last few days (I killfiled him
immediately.)

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try moving the computer today to see if it
helps, if not, it looks like I'm going to have no choice but to bring it into a
shop :-( We did d/l the latest drivers from MS for both the card and the
monitor. I appreciate the help and I hope to see you over at the new forums
:-)

Subject: help with refresh problem please
From: "Rene Lamontagne"

Thats a tough one Michelle, It sure would seem to be a monitor or Video card
problem, but seeing you have replaced both with new ones it kinda rules them
out.
Have you installed the latest drivers from ATI? Catalyst 3.9, also the
driver inf files from Viewsonic?
The next suggestion I would say may be a bad power supply. but this is only
an educated guess.
My 29 inch tv sits only about a foot from my system and has never intefered
with it.
Another possibility is a bad motherboard AGP slot or system, again hard to
check out.
sorry I can't help much more than that, keep us updated on any progress.

PS. You don't see me on the PSP NG anymore as I decided I have had enough of
the 3 or 4 Idiots on there, Life is too short .
--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Michelle ;-)

Michelles Paint Shop Pro & More!
http://members.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
Original tubes, links to PSP sites, fonts, clip art, wavs and other fun stuff!