Old December 24th 04, 03:40 AM
Ryan Atici

You are more than a little stupid...

Let me repeat what I said because you're not smart enough to see the scheme.

When you use high-end AGP video card, you don't need to resort to SLI
scheme, which is designed for PCI-Express video cards.

SLI is created because single PCI-Express video card is not as good as a
high-end AGP video card(period). That's why the motherboard manufacturers
think that pairing 2 PCI-Express video cards might allure *some* gamers into
buying PCI-Express video cards. This is all about alluring people into
buying 2 inferior video cards to create bigger sale. They had to create a
motherboard to pair up 2 PCI-Express video cards to compete against 1
high-end AGP video card by itself. Don't you get it? This is all about
suckering people into buying PCI-Express video cards in order to create a
new market for the new product when indeed new product is failed to compete
against an "old" AGP video card technology *for the time being*.

Far more superior performance could have been achieved by manufacturing a
motherboard by pairing up 2 high-end AGP video cards. The cost for 2
high-end video cards would have been a lot more expensive, but that's not
the case. It is not the cost but the performance is the problem here. The
bottom line is that the PCI-Express is not as good as any existing high-end
AGP video card. That's why the PCI-Express video card is paired to compete
against 1 high-end AGP video card. In that instance, two paired high-end
AGP video cards would have been far more superior to any 2 paired
PCI-Express video cards. I mean, how far are you gonna go with pairing
things up (4 PCI-Express video cards, or 6 PCI-Express video cards...?!?!)
until you come up with a decent PCI-Express video card that can challenge
and outdo in performance an AGP video card by itself without any pairing
scheme? Come on now! They highly overrate this new PCI-Express video card
technology but can't do anything better than resorting to a scheme.

"daytripper" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:25:43 -0500, "Ryan Atici"
wrote:

The PCI-Express might be the future technology to replace AGP video card
slot in the future. Having said that, PCI-Express doesn't offer any
advantage or improvement at this moment in time over AGP video cards for
now. Maybe six months or a year from now, the new technology will fully
take
advantage of the new PCI-Express video card and make the PCI-Express video
cards superior over AGP video cards, but for now, that's not the case.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you're a hardcore gamer and only want the best of the best performance
at
this moment in time from your video card, you will go for an AGP slot
video
card. Having said all that, I am disappointed to see that the latest ASUS
motherboard "A8N-SLI Deluxe" named to be a hardcore gamer "motherboard"
doesn't have an AGP video card slot when indeed PCI-Express video card is
not yet as good as an AGP slot video card in performance. I don't get
it...!?!

Wake up and smell the ozone.

For those of us who *don't* wish to keep using near-obsolete display
hardware,
motherboard manufacturers have to make the first move.

The question is; don't you think it is way premature to replace AGP video
card slot in a latest ASUS motherboard with PCI-Express when indeed
PCI-Express is not even nearly as good as AGP video cards in performance?

Nope. Time marches on, and you are hanging on too tight to what is now
"Just
Another Legacy Bus".

I was gonna build a new computer using the newest and the best components
as
available today, but having seen that the latest ASUS motherboard release
(A8N-SLI Deluxe) doesn't support an AGP video card, I am little upset.

You are more than a little stupid...