Old December 23rd 04, 04:18 PM
daytripper

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:25:43 -0500, "Ryan Atici"
wrote:

The PCI-Express might be the future technology to replace AGP video card
slot in the future. Having said that, PCI-Express doesn't offer any
advantage or improvement at this moment in time over AGP video cards for
now. Maybe six months or a year from now, the new technology will fully take
advantage of the new PCI-Express video card and make the PCI-Express video
cards superior over AGP video cards, but for now, that's not the case.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you're a hardcore gamer and only want the best of the best performance at
this moment in time from your video card, you will go for an AGP slot video
card. Having said all that, I am disappointed to see that the latest ASUS
motherboard "A8N-SLI Deluxe" named to be a hardcore gamer "motherboard"
doesn't have an AGP video card slot when indeed PCI-Express video card is
not yet as good as an AGP slot video card in performance. I don't get
it...!?!

Wake up and smell the ozone.

For those of us who *don't* wish to keep using near-obsolete display hardware,
motherboard manufacturers have to make the first move.

The question is; don't you think it is way premature to replace AGP video
card slot in a latest ASUS motherboard with PCI-Express when indeed
PCI-Express is not even nearly as good as AGP video cards in performance?

Nope. Time marches on, and you are hanging on too tight to what is now "Just
Another Legacy Bus".

I was gonna build a new computer using the newest and the best components as
available today, but having seen that the latest ASUS motherboard release
(A8N-SLI Deluxe) doesn't support an AGP video card, I am little upset.

You are more than a little stupid...