Old November 25th 03, 06:17 AM
Rob Stow

Me wrote:

Looks good then.
I may well go for 2 x 2400 XP's.

Before you do, you need to be aware that once upon a time
the XP's didn't have anything stopping you from using them
in pairs, but now they do. The transition point was the
XP1900+ - lower speeds are not locked, higher speeds are,
and those that are right on the 1900+ line might or might
not be.

There are articles out there that tell how you can unlock
newer XP's so that you can use them in pairs. The first
place I would look would be 2cpu.com - and as always tools
like Google are helpful.

"Rob Stow" wrote in message

Tommi Koivula wrote:

Me wrote:

Can anyoone advise me on which CPU's this board will actually

support.

Running two XP1800+'s right now.

I've used two of those boards. The first one I did
with a pair of Durons and later upgraded to XP 1800+'s.
The second one I did with a pair of 1600+'s. Both were
recently upgraded to MP2200+'s. I've also done the
same thing with a couple of Tyan boards.

--
Reply to newsgroup only please. This e-mail account is real
but effectively abandoned because of excessive spamming.