Old January 30th 04, 02:49 PM
Skid

Nightic is right about getting low-latency PC3500 or 3700 instead of
high-latency PC4000 for an AMD box. I use Buffalo Technology PC3700, which
is made from the same Windbond BH-5 modules as the Mushkin Level II Black
PC3500 he recommends -- just a lot cheaper.

www.newegg.com has it for $102 per 512-meg stick. Be sure to get the one
with the Winbond chips. If you use the "shop by brand" link and go to Bufalo
Tech system memory, it's on page two.

I have a gig of it running at 220 mhz, 2,3,2,6. (Which would take you past
the 2.4 ghz mark if the cpu can handle it.)

Mine is in an Intel system on an IC7, but the principle is the same. Running
at a cpu:ram ratio of 5:4, my P4 2.4 is at 12x275=3.3ghz, a speed I could
likely never hit with PC4000 at 1:1, and certainly not at CAS2.

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" wrote in
message ...

Will look into it thanks.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:30:42 -0000, "nightic"
wrote:

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" wrote in
message ...

Mobo recomendion for a Barton 3.2 and Corsair TwinX 1024 4400 Pro
550mhz ram

The is my only problem to pic a board that will do it justice, i want
a board that i can overclock the CRAP out of, i would with the ram and
cpu i will have.

I think the Nforce 2 boards are the best bet, don't lock PCI and agp
ect.

The quicker you answer the quicker i can order everything thanks.

Don't hate me, but i'am putting in a 9800 pro 256meg vid card as well

Thanks.

Abit NF7-S v.2 or DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B.

Your choice of RAM is inadvisable - it's highly unlikely that an nForce 2
board will be able to ramp up to a 275MHz FSB (certainly not without
modification).
PC4000+ RAM is generally intended for use in P4 boards that can utilise

the
faster speeds at the expense of relatively looser timings (ie. 3-4-4-8).

Would recommend Mushkin PC3500 Level II or OCZ PC3500 Platinum LE which

are
typically happy at 220-230MHz whilst maintaining the tighter timings
(2-2-2-5 perhaps).