Old December 3rd 04, 07:12 AM
Daniel J Beardsall

Not sure what you want but:
first, 5 or 12 from the PC is not problem, even get 5 vdc from the USB
port,

Yes I know, I intend to run it off one of the internal Molex connectors.

second: you want the system time thats displayed in the task bar on
the bottom right of your monitor displayed on your gadget? Then would
it be connected to the computer thru the parallel port or serial or
USB?

Yes. Any of those, whichever turns out to be easiest. Which from what
I've gathered would be parallel.

When computer shuts down, does this display keep going, like
automatically switching to an internal clock, then back to computer
when its turned on again? You could write a program to send any number
you want out the parallel port, read he system time, send out the
hoy=urs, then send out the minutes.

Yes, I'd like the clock to be sort of independent with occasional
updates from the PC clock (mostly to save the hassle of setting it
manually). The program isn't the problem, I could knock something up in
VB, it's getting something that can translate my outputs and display it
that's the problem.

DjBx