Old September 27th 07, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nospam

Default ForceWare rel. 90, version 94.24 update botched

David Vair wrote:
You should be using a driver for the GeForce 4 series as this is the generation of that card. I got
there by using the legacy drivers link toward the bottom of the driver page.

Here is the driect link to that driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

Thanks for the link !

When I look at the version no of the driver I find a nvidia geforce4
mx420 version 5.2.1.6
This is a completely different type than a ForceWare Release 93.71.
does that fit ?

The periphery manager says the driver is ok. when I click on Finding an
update it finds nothing.

However: just below is a Omnicom Mirror Driver decorated with an
exclamation mark on yellow ground. it's deactivated. thedriver update
wizard finds no update. Driver provider is omnicom, version 1.0.0.
location of driver unknown.The driver or service is deactivated.
Could this be a reason for my page fault in non paged area problem be ?