Old November 23rd 03, 09:16 PM
Joe Hayes

Of course you don't absolutely need one. Games will run just fine on your
current card, but you won't be able to see some of the fancy eye candy.
Most of that stuff is way overhyped anyway, IMHO.

"John" wrote in message
om...
Anybody know when you'll absolutely need a Directx 9 card to have any
fun with games? It seems that games like Halo and Max Payne 2 use
Directx 9 features sparingly, and therefore, it's no big deal if I
play them on my Directx 8.1 card (which is a GeForce 4 Ti 4200).

Are we talking 3-4 months maybe?

I'm just trying to get a handle on when to spend the bucks for an
upgrade.

thanks.