Old September 27th 16, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default can't connect connector, USB to 2.5

micky wrote:
A friend wanted to recover files from an old 2 1/2" HDD so I went over
with my USB to SATA/IDE gizmo. I'd used another version of this for 3
1/2" drives, and a 2 1/2 IDE drive, but I had looked at this one and it
has a little SATA connector on it.

The power connector fit, but when it was plugged in the USB/data
connector had no room. So maybe there is power in the data connector
too. But even when the power connector was out, it still didn't fit.

In a rare example of flauning my wealth, I had bought two makes of this
device, but the other one has an identical connector!!!

The first one doesn't even have a brandname, only a model, ADA-2020 and
the second one is Inland

All of these in the first two rows except the one with the red plug are
like mine:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ADA-...1680&bi h=834
The relevant connector is seen in the top left one, the black thing at
the top middle of the blue part.
https://www.google.com/search?q&tbm=...4Q9C8ICQ&dpr=1
Here's a bigger pictu
https://www.amazon.com/GEARXS-COM-AD...ct_top?ie=UTF8

The relevant part looks the same on the other one. Here is the other
one though the picture is not worth looking at:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...USB_20_adapter

Maybe you need to run a regular SATA data cable, from the
dongle to the drive. Then, plug in the provided
power connector ? That may leave a bit more room
to work.

MicroSATA is normally used on 1.8" drives.

The 2.5" and 3.5" drives use the same SATA connector.

Paul