Old September 16th 13, 12:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Default Precision 390 How to Shut Off Windows with Power Button?

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:57:59 PM UTC-4, W wrote:
What driver(s) do you need to install under Windows XP to have the power

button on the Dell Precision 390 Workstation shut down Windows?

I have one computer where this is working and one computer where it is not,

so presumably this is a configuration or driver issue.

I'm assuming that the power button can power on the system, so the button itself is not broken.

Are you pushing in the power button for a minimum of 6 seconds?

Should not require any drivers at all... Ben Myers