Old July 31st 03, 06:44 PM
Nate Grey

Forgot to say I'm running XP Pro

"Nate Grey" wrote in message
Please could someone help with a major problem I'm having at the moment.

I dual boot my PC with Bootmagic to two different versions of XP. I built
the PC from new and had no problems setting this up.

I have recently decided to have a fresh install on both sides, but have

run
into a problem. Everytime I install the Inf setup, Application Accelerator
and ATA 133 drivers, it moves the disc numbers around. I use the

RAID/ATA133
as ATA133 for extra drives. But after the drivers are installed the two
AT133 drives on this becomes DRIVES 0 and 1. My original C drive on the

IDE
bus becomes 2. This never used to do this, and the problem is that boot
magic looks at disc 1. How can I reassign the drive numbers.

In the system/hardware the two ATA133 drives are listed on a SCSI

controller
(which is how it always was) and the other IDE drive as normal.

I even trying removing the partitions and having a single drive but it

still
does it. The drive is fine up untill I need to install the ATA drivers

(the
drives are hidden until then). I.m installing exactly the same ways with

the
same drivers as I did before??????????

Any Suggestions

Gigabyte 8INXP