Old August 28th 14, 11:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Default Power requirement for H97-D3H motherboard

Haines Brown wrote:
Paul writes:

Haines Brown wrote:
Paul writes:

Haines Brown wrote:
Thank you for your very interesting and informative reply. I did the
best I could to estimate power requirements and came up with 350W.

If you don't have a monster video card, I doubt it's 350W.

Paul, the old card I'm likely to use is a MSI NX8500GT. Hardly a monster
card, although the specs say it is 144-163 watts.

Haines

It's 40W.

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-850...-card-514.html

Xbitlabs didn't measure that one, and the closest they got was
8600GTS at 47W. And when a card doesn't have a PCI Express connector
on the end, that generally caps the power at 12V @ 4.3A or 52W. The
video card designers don't try to take the PCI Express slot to the
max, and that's the highest known consumption (measured).

So the 40W number is a reasonable one. If there is no 2x3 connector
on the end of the card, it's a lower power one.

Paul