Old April 4th 04, 07:13 PM
Alan Wright

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
I don't know anything about watching TV on my PC but I've heard it is
possible. I have digital cable and wonder if getting a tuner card for
my PC would work for watching the channels provided by my digital
cable provider.

I'm not too concerned about recording altough it would be nice. If I
can get good reliable reception I would love it. Is this possible? I
have a 2.6 ghz processor with 1.25 gigs of RAM and an 80 gig HD. I
can use either Windows XP home edition or Linux, whichever is better
for the task.

If it is possible, what is a decent card to buy? I can spend up to a
couple hundred, and possibly a little more. Thanks for all replies.

Bob

Couple hundred!!!??? Leadtek makes a nice full featured card for $30.
It can't decode the digital stuff, but you can watch TV via the output of
your digital box using a video or RF connection. The Leadtek card takes
video in, RF in, and FM in. The included WinPVR software gives you
TV in a window and allows recording live or via timers as well as other
PVR features.

Alan