Old October 13th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.games.half-life,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Default Latest Nvdia 7600GS drivers with 2xQ AA support?

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

Regarding your issues with HL2 and FSAA, you have to understand that
there are several variables which might change when you force certain
things on or off. For example, never once have you mentioned what the
mipmipping levels were or anisotropic filtering levels. Vsync on? How
about triple buffering? All of these things will substantially affect
your FPS score, and unless you verify that every setting is the same,

All are on max :-) Have only played with the AA settings.
If not the scores couldn't me compared at all, right?

Well anyway. I'm quite pleased with 37-75 FPS so I'll stick with the
2xQ or 4x AA in the Nvidia control panel. The image look very good,
and I have tried to see differences when using the in-game setting,
but can't see any - and then I think it's worth the extra FPS :-)

You shouldn't get used to 2xQ FSAA, it's very poor regardless of the
speed, you should try 2XFSAA with gamma correction and at least 4X Ansio
instead, just as fast on your hardware, plus much clearer !

Use 16x Ansio, that doesn't seem to affect the framerate at my system.
Also have disabled all the "optimized code" (actually saw glitches .-)

however trying to get FSAA and HDR working together at the same time is
difficult if even possible on non geforce9 hardware. One or the other.

OK, havn't notices much difference (quality nor speed). Have it off.
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53GHz, 1GB, MSI 7600GS, SB-Live