Old November 24th 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Mitch Crane

Default How do I get this P5W DH to turn on when power is applied without the remote control installed?

"William" wrote in
:

Mitch:

I just want the computer to power up when I turn on the power strip
that feeds all my printers, scanner, monitors, and the computer.
Nothing fancy. Always had this before, and want it now.

I see. There is an option in the BIOS to start the computer after power
loss, but I don't think that works if you shutdown properly, just if the
power is interrupted while the computer is running. (At least it didn't
work when I tried it.)

There was a discussion here recently about using a capacitor across the
power switch pins for this. I made one for a board I have running on a tray
with no case and it works fine.

http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pswitchmq2.jpg

That's a 1000uF cap. I'm told it may be trial and error to find one that
works for a particular board. I haven't tried that one with my P5W DH.
(BTW, if you use this approach it won't work if you switch the power off
and then quickly switch it back on. You need to let the power drain for a
few seconds first.)

--
ybbxvatyvxrnobeantnvayvivatyvxrnurergvpyvfgravatgb neguheyrrerpbeqfznxv
atnyylbhesevraqfsrryfbthvyglnobhggurveplavpvfznaqg urerfgbsgurvetrareng