Old September 3rd 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Default 1st PC build

Alex Harrington wrote
wrote

I am planning to build my first computer. It will mainly serve as a gaming
computer, as well a school tool. The OS will be Windows XP Pro (from my old
computer).

Assuming the version of XP Pro you have is a full retail version then that
will be fine. If it's an OEM licence then you cannot transfer it to a new PC -
it sucks, but it's the rules.

That is just what MS claims, he never signed up to any such 'rule'

I'll chip in on the wireless keyboard/mouse thing. I had a pair of
Creative keyboard/mouse sets and they were nothing but trouble. Back
to wired now. I have however used newer wireless mice that are fine
and last ages. Read the reviews, spend yer money, takes yer pick!

Some of use bought a decent system and would never go back to wired.