Old September 3rd 06, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Alex Harrington

Default 1st PC build

wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am planning to build my first computer. It will mainly serve as a
gaming computer, as well a school tool. The OS will be Windows XP Pro
(from my old computer).

Heya

Assuming the version of XP Pro you have is a full retail version then
that will be fine. If it's an OEM licence then you cannot transfer it to
a new PC - it sucks, but it's the rules.

I'll chip in on the wireless keyboard/mouse thing. I had a pair of
Creative keyboard/mouse sets and they were nothing but trouble. Back to
wired now. I have however used newer wireless mice that are fine and
last ages. Read the reviews, spend yer money, takes yer pick!

Alex