Old September 3rd 06, 07:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default 1st PC build

Hey Guys,

I am planning to build my first computer. It will mainly serve as a
gaming computer, as well a school tool. The OS will be Windows XP Pro
(from my old computer). Here are my core components, first revision:

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
AMD 64 X2 5000+ Windsor
Geforce 7950GT KO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Segate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA (x2)
RAID 0 configuration
Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) System Memory (x2)
NEC DVD+R 3550A
Samsung 204B
NeoPower 550W
Antec P-180B Case
Logitech MX1000
Logitech G15

Do you think that all these pieces will function well together? Here is
a list of the games that I would like to play on it: Rise of Nations,
Rise of Legends, Civilization 4, Command and Conquer: The First Decade,
Command and Conquer 3 (when it comes out), and Star Wars: Empire at
War. My price window is $2100 - 2400. Thanks for the help.