Old November 21st 03, 06:25 PM
Bill

I tried different multipler settings up to like 12.5x and keeping the
FSB conservative. I finally found 176/12x (with CPU core voltage
raised 5%) to be the most stable combination without raising FSB too
much. Now the Barton 2500+ 1.83GHz is running at 2800+ 2.11GHz while
keeping everything pretty close to normal settings (352FSB, 35.2 PCI,
70.4 AGP). If I raise the CPU clock near 2.2GHz, WinXP just won't
boot, I guess thats close to

Well actually the 176/12x still had some glitch every now and then. so
I decided to try 172/12.5x running as a 3000+ at 2.15G and still only
using the original 2500+ heatsink and fan. I went to sleep last night
leaving my TV recording on and got up today and it was still recording
without a glitch. It recorded 3GB worth of video for more than 8 hours
and CPU was only running at 52C. So I'm pretty happy with this
overclock setting right now.

Thanks you all
Bill

the limit of my Barton 2500+.