Old October 7th 05, 04:38 AM
AAvK

Default x800xl and Far Cry, disasterous!

....WHAT - A - DISASTER!!!

My tech specs:

WinXP home SP2
Abit IS7 mobo
P4c HT 2.60ghz
1 gb Kingston Dual channel PC3200/DDR400 Value RAM
Maxtor 80gb 7200rpm/8mb on a seralell (Siralell?) adapter
Maxtor 40gb 7200/2MB storage disc
New Pioneer DVD drive
Sony burner
x800xl AGP made by ATI, 256/256bit 400gpu / 980RAM...
-- Product ID: 100-435508
-- using Omega 5.9 drivers only, thus far

On first attempt, using the fully upgraded Far Cry 1.33, the computer
shuts down fully, power all the way off, taking much MB electricity with
it, as takes 3 minutes to be able to turn it on again. This happens time after
time and it played fine, if a little slow, using the old GF4 Ti4600. by
Chaintech.

After the second occurance I increased the AGP voltage by a half a point
as well as the same for the P4 CPU... then I was able to start the game and
play a while at increased graphics levels and some types shadows for
smaller objects were not black, but green and yellow. When driving a vehicle
it froze after a while, then it was all over for good, and same story.

I must have worked with this for 5 hours, and gone through 25 restarts...
Anyone know what can be done before I grab a replacement RMA?

TIA all,

--
Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com