Old July 24th 03, 03:42 AM
tq96

Why not just say, okay, from here on, cards xyz older than Chipset abc
are no longer supported? Does win98 suddely stop wrking because ther e
is no longer support from MS? Will it break down the merry moment? No,
it will run better, because of no more faulty fixes from MS.
So no, NVIDIA claims to support every GFORCE since the first one, they
make marketing tales their business, even after 30 or more drivers
there is a huge performace increase?.

It's a very good thing that NVidia's drivers support every card back to the
TNT. When Windows 2000 came out, the NVidia drivers released at the time
had some serious bugs in them (one that affected me was the random loss of
sync to the monitor while playing videos). If NVidia had dropped support
for my card (TNT2), I'd have been screwed. But, thankfully, the bug was
fixed in the drivers that were released while the new Geforce cards were
being marketed.